Recipe by Lvs2Cook
Brings me right back to to NY. This is really great spooned over cooked hot dogs, but try it with other foods too, and watch how fast they disappear. This recipe is from Mr. Food.
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 2 medium sized onions, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 59.14 ml ketchup
- 0.25 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.59 ml chili powder
- 0.25 ml hot pepper sauce
- 0.25 ml salt
- 236.59 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sized kettle, heat the oil over medium heat; add the onions and saute until golden and limp, about 7 minutes.
- Mix in the ketchup, then add the cinnamon, chili powder, hot pepper sauce and salt.
- Pour in the water and stir.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes or until the mixture is heated through.