1/6 Photos of N .y. C. Irish Soda Bread
Classic Irish Soda Bread
My Private Note
six inc ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar and ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- 2Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3Combine 1 beaten egg, raisins and buttermilk.
- 4Add to mixture above and stir until just moistened.
- 5On a lightly floured surface, knead gently for 12 strokes.
- 6On a greased baking sheet, shape the mixture into a 6 inch round loaf and cut a cross (4 inches wide and ¼ inch deep) in the top.
- 7Brush with the other beaten egg.
- 8Bake at 375°F for 35 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for N .y. C. Irish Soda Bread
Serving Size: 1 (686 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1755.9
- Calories from Fat 436
- Total Fat 48.4 g
- Saturated Fat 26.4 g
- Cholesterol 470.9 mg
- Sodium 2233.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 285.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 79.5 g
- Protein 47.0 g