Recipe by chia
total summer food, this is great with lobster too.
Top Review by Hey Jude
This was absolutely outstanding! I could only find lump crabmeat in 1 pound packages so I increased the amounts of mayo by 2 T. and added extra lemon juice, zest and cayenne. I whisked it all together in step one and then added the green onions to that mixture before adding it to the crabmeat because I wanted to keep those lumps of meat intact. It worked. This was delicious and we'll be doing again soon...I'd like to try it with lobster, or maybe even shrimp. DO NOT skip grilling the bread, it really adds to this sandwich. Thanks chia!
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 lb crabmeat, picked over
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temp
- 4 hot dog buns, opened
- 4 lettuce leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- whisk together mayo, lemon juice, zest, cayenne.
- add crab meat and scallions and mix carefully, trying not to break up large lumps season to taste with salt& pepper.
- spread butter on insides of hot dog buns, place buttered side down in a warm skillet, cook for 5 minutes until toasted place a lettuce leaf in each bun, fill with crab mixture, serve.