This recipe has been in my family for many years. So far everyone who has tried always asks me to make more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, cook hamburger (or sausage) until fully cooked.
- 2Drain grease, and then add cut up hot dogs, onion, and bell pepper. Cook for an additional 5 minutes on medium heat.
- 3In a casserole dish (4 x 6 works well), put baked beans and ketchup together and mix well.
- 4Add hamburger, hot dogs, onion, and bell pepper and stir until uniformly mixed in the dish.
- 5Take the uncooked bacon and lay them over the top of the dish side by side until dish is completely covered.
- 6Note: If you are using shredded cheese, wait until the last 10 minutes of baking to add. If you cut up block cheese instead, go ahead and cut in thick pieces and add before putting in the oven.
- 7Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 8Once preheated, put dish in oven uncovered for 30-40 minutes.
- 9The cheese should be slightly brown around the edges and the beans should be boiling slightly when dish is taken out of the oven. Reheats very well after being refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for N.c. Bean Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 849.6
- Calories from Fat 502
- Total Fat 55.7 g
- Saturated Fat 25.6 g
- Cholesterol 174.6 mg
- Sodium 1845.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 20.7 g
- Protein 51.6 g