Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this in the "Mystic Seaport All Seasons Cookbook" and figured I would post for safe keeping. They sound really tasty! They can also be made ahead and frozen (instructions included).
- 2 cups cornbread, crumbled
- 1 (15 ounce) jar salsa (mild or hot, divided)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine cornbread crumbs, 1/2 c salsa and salt.
- Add meat and mix well.
- Shape into 1" balls.
- Place meatballs on rack in broiler pan.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until done.
- At this point, the meatballs may be frozen or refrigerated until needed. To reheat, cover with foil and warm in oven.
- In a small saucepan, heat together tomato sauce and remaining taco sauce.
- Place cooked meatballs in chafing dish or crock pot; cover with sauce and top with shredded cheese. Keep warm over low heat.