Cook2 hrs 30 mins
Based on a recipe from Lora Brody's cookbook, Pizza, Focaccia, Flat, and Filled Breads From Your Bread Machine -- Perfect EveryTime. In her introduction she says, "Did you see the movie? If not, rent it to eat with this version of the pizza it inspired. There's nothing like sharing a great pizza meal with Julia Roberts."!
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup plus 3 tablespoons water
TO FINISH THE PIZZA
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce (or more if you're an extra-sauce fan) or 1 1⁄2 cups pizza sauce (or more if you're an extra-sauce fan)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Place dough ingredients in the machine in the order recommended by its manufacturer.
- Program for Dough, Basic Dough, or Manual, and press Start.
- TO FINISH THE PIZZA:.
- When dough cycle completes, transfer the dough to a floured work surface and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly dust a heavy baking sheet with cornmeal and set it aside.
- Roll out the dough to an 11-inch circle.
- Transfer the dough onto the baking sheet.
- Brush the olive oil over the surface of the dough and then shake on salt and pepper.
- Leaving a 1-inch border, spread the sauce over the surface of the dough and top the sauce with the mozzarella.
- Bake the pizza for 20 minutes until the crust is a nice golden brown.