Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Based on a recipe from Lora Brody's cookbook, Pizza, Focaccia, Flat, and Filled Breads From Your Bread Machine -- Perfect EveryTime. In her introduction she says, "Did you see the movie? If not, rent it to eat with this version of the pizza it inspired. There's nothing like sharing a great pizza meal with Julia Roberts."!
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup plus 3 tablespoons water
TO FINISH THE PIZZA
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce (or more if you're an extra-sauce fan) or 1 1⁄2 cups pizza sauce (or more if you're an extra-sauce fan)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Place dough ingredients in the machine in the order recommended by its manufacturer.
- Program for Dough, Basic Dough, or Manual, and press Start.
- TO FINISH THE PIZZA:.
- When dough cycle completes, transfer the dough to a floured work surface and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly dust a heavy baking sheet with cornmeal and set it aside.
- Roll out the dough to an 11-inch circle.
- Transfer the dough onto the baking sheet.
- Brush the olive oil over the surface of the dough and then shake on salt and pepper.
- Leaving a 1-inch border, spread the sauce over the surface of the dough and top the sauce with the mozzarella.
- Bake the pizza for 20 minutes until the crust is a nice golden brown.
I so had it in mind today to make pizza. I needed yeast, so holding my breath in anticipation I ran to the grocery. Now, I didn't really run and I really didn't hold my breath, but that just makes for so much more drama. So, fast forward to the finished pizza...Martha Stewart cheered and the whole country was jealous. Made for A-NZ #45 and used sea salt and fresh black pepper sprinkled on the crust very much to our enjoyment.
Wow! Mersaydees wow. I haven't made many pizza's but this is by far the best. Yeah for movies. We all loved it. Quick and easy to make, great instructions and the most spectacular results. I made 9 mini pizzas from the dough. Followed your ingredients and directions exactly, adding some pepperoni and green olives to the party. It was the best pizza ever, slightly crisp with a light, soft and fluffy base topped with pepperoni, green olives and a mixture of cheese. (mozzarella, parmesan, provalone and emmanthal) My go to pizza recipe from now on. Thank you so much for sharing this winner.
Yes, Leona finally gave you the wonderfully mystic recipe! ;) Haha yes, I had this movie on as I was baking this pizza. Which is UTTERLY FANTASTIC. The dough is just perfect, I proofed the yeast with the sugar first then did a 1-lb dough cycle in my bread machine. I skipped the cornmeal and only used a little bit of olive oil on the crust, sprinkled with just a little black pepper and sea salt-- which I never thought to do on pizza, it's amazing! I used Enrico's Natural Pizza Sauce and a mushroom and dried oregano topping, and just rolled it out onto my convection oven's baking sheet, got 9 square slices. I split the 20-minute bake time to do 5 minutes with a bare crust, then did the sauce and toppings for 10 minutes, and 5 minutes under the broiler for cripsy awesomeness. The only thing I would do differently next time is to put a little oil or cooking spray on the baking sheet first, the dough stuck to the pan a bit. Will definitely make over and over again!!! Made for Veggie Swap 24.