Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
A friend sent this recipe to me by email recently. I don't know who Tony is, but as the creator of this masterpiece (actually the "embellisher" of an existing local copycat recipe) I'd be interested in knowing what other recipes Tony has up his/her sleeve...DO NOT use instant oatmeal for this recipe. See my posted recipe Old Fashioned Oatmeal With Bananas and Raisins to help you in preparing the oatmeal. I imagine eating this when out camping...with a cup of pine-y flavored coffee!!
- 2 cups prepared old-fashioned oatmeal or 2 cups prepared multi-grain hot cereal
- 2 tablespoons walnut halves, toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh blueberries or 2 tablespoons dried blueberries
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt or 2 tablespoons flavored yogurt, your choice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 banana, sliced
- milk (optional) or cream (optional)
- Prepare oatmeal. NOTE: If you wish, you can add the walnuts and blueberries with the oatmeal and cook together.
- Spoon oatmeal into serving bowls and top with remaining ingredients.
- Yield: 2 servings. Proportions are estimated.