Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
The delicious layer of cream cheese tucked in the middle is sure to please anyone!
- 425.24 g pie crusts
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 78.07 ml sugar plus 1/4 cup sugar, separated
- 1.23 ml salt
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 236.59 ml corn syrup
- 295.73 ml pecans, chopped
- Heat your oven to 375. Place the pie crust in a 9- inch glass pie plate as directed on the box for one crust filled pie.
- In a small bowl, beat all cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp vanilla and 1 egg with an electric mixer on lowspeed until well blended and smooth. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat 3 eggs with a mixer on medium speed and add remaining ingredients except for pecans. Beat until well blended.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on bottom of the crust lined pan. Sprinkle with pecans. Gently pour egg mixture over pecans. Cover the edges of the crust with 2 to 3 inche wide strips of foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before serving.
I was more than pleased with the results and it was a hit at Thanksgiving. I don't know if I will ever make a regular pecan pie again. Delicious and not terribly sweet as many pecan pies can be. Easy to make, too