Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
The delicious layer of cream cheese tucked in the middle is sure to please anyone!
Make and share this Mystery Pecan Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 15 ounces pie crusts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar plus 1/4 cup sugar, separated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 1⁄4 cups pecans, chopped
- Heat your oven to 375. Place the pie crust in a 9- inch glass pie plate as directed on the box for one crust filled pie.
- In a small bowl, beat all cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp vanilla and 1 egg with an electric mixer on lowspeed until well blended and smooth. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat 3 eggs with a mixer on medium speed and add remaining ingredients except for pecans. Beat until well blended.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on bottom of the crust lined pan. Sprinkle with pecans. Gently pour egg mixture over pecans. Cover the edges of the crust with 2 to 3 inche wide strips of foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before serving.
I was more than pleased with the results and it was a hit at Thanksgiving. I don't know if I will ever make a regular pecan pie again. Delicious and not terribly sweet as many pecan pies can be. Easy to make, too