Pecan pie with cream cheese, really good!
Make and share this Mystery Pecan Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In small bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, salt, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 egg; beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Spread in bottom of prepared pie crust.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- In small bowl, combine all topping ingredients; beat on medium speed just until blended.
- Gently pour topping over pecans.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until center is firm to touch.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
My young son won 1st place in the pie cooking category in a state competition using this recipe. We found that if you chill the cream mixture a little before turning it into the shell and use roughly chopped pecans, plus keep the pie cool it will hold together better. It is a real crowd pleasing pie.
My kids didn't like this pie too much, but my husband and I LOVED it. It is a grown-up treat.
I was more than pleased with the results and it was a hit at Thanksgiving. I don't know if I will ever make a regular pecan pie again. Delicious and not terribly sweet as many pecan pies can be. Easy to make, too!