Queen of Everything's Note:
Another sneaky way to sneak veggies into a picky eater's diet. I use this stuff in place of ground beef wherever I can. Use it in meatballs, meatloaf, taco meat, chili, lasagna, sloppy joes, you name it! The "mystery" hasn't been solved yet! (Note: I use my juicer for this recipe, but I have used a food processor with almost-as-good results.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Begin juicing your vegetables, including the garlic, reserving juice for soup or pasta sauce (freeze or use immediately.).
- 2Remove vegetable pulp from the juicer and saute in olive oil until browned.
- 3Chill vegetable mixture in refrigerator.
- 4When veggie mixture is chilled, combine beef, turkey and veggie mixture until well mixed.
- 5Package mixture into 4-6 freezer bags, for use as needed.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mystery Meat Mix for Kids of All Ages
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.2
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 55.5 mg
- Sodium 68.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 14.3 g