Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another sneaky way to sneak veggies into a picky eater's diet. I use this stuff in place of ground beef wherever I can. Use it in meatballs, meatloaf, taco meat, chili, lasagna, sloppy joes, you name it! The "mystery" hasn't been solved yet! (Note: I use my juicer for this recipe, but I have used a food processor with almost-as-good results.)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 cups eggplants (rough chop, with peel)
- 1 cup mushroom
- 1 cup carrot (rough chop, peeled)
- 1 cup zucchini (rough chop, with peel)
- 1 cup onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Begin juicing your vegetables, including the garlic, reserving juice for soup or pasta sauce (freeze or use immediately.).
- Remove vegetable pulp from the juicer and saute in olive oil until browned.
- Chill vegetable mixture in refrigerator.
- When veggie mixture is chilled, combine beef, turkey and veggie mixture until well mixed.
- Package mixture into 4-6 freezer bags, for use as needed.