Recipe by CleanFoodJunkie
Sometimes a smoothie just isn't enough to start the day - especially if I have a busy one ahead. This breakfast combination is fresh, tasty and satisfying. My favorite part is the flexibility! I never know what I'm putting in until I open the refrigerator! The ingredients change depending on what is in season. Substitute any vegetable for your preference. The amounts here are for one person, simply double amounts to accommodate another person.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh green beans, cut in 1 inch pieces
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- thyme (or any of your favorite herbs, parsley or fresh basil also work well)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium skillet melt/heat butter and olive oil.
- Add onion and mushroom (I like to give the onion a head start before adding mushroom until they're translucent).
- Add green beans, stir combination to evenly distribute items in the pan.
- Add eggs, then sprinkle thyme, salt, and pepper into egg while it is still liquid.
- Cook eggs through, turning (or flipping for omelet presentation) until done.
- Garnish with salsa, hot sauce or shredded cheese. ENJOY!