Recipe by Kerena
This recipe is from one of Joanne Flukes many mysteries, unfortunatley I can't remember which one. Posted for safe keeping.
Top Review by JadeErin
This recipe is from the Lemon Meringue Murder mystery series by Joanna Fluke. It's the first recipe of hers that I have tried and I was pleasantly surprised. I was a little hesitant about using tomato soup but I needed a quick cookie recipe with a few ingredients and this worked out perfectly. I omitted the raisins and walnuts because I wanted to see how it would hold on it's own. Next time, I will definitely add the extras. They are good on their own but I would prefer a bit of a different texture. One of my tasters said it tasted a bit like pumpkin pie in a cookie. Will definitely make again.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 cups nuts, chopped
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Add sugar to melted butter and mix. Allow to cook, then add beaten eggs and mix well.
- Stir in the can of tomato soup. Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt.
- Next add the raisins and walnuts, stir.
- Add in flour 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Let dough stand for 10 minutes. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown on top. Let stand on cookie sheet for a minute and then finish cooling on a wire rack.