Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe from my dear friend Erica, who met these at the Blossoming Lotus restaurant in Kauai. This is a vegan recipe, but don't let that scare you! I am posting them because they are delicious (and I am a raging carnivore!).
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3⁄4 rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3⁄4 baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons organic cocoa powder (optional, I added) or 2 tablespoons raw cacao (optional, I added)
- 2⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 2⁄3 safflower oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place dry ingredients in large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Combine wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Add wet to dry, mix well and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Scoop onto a greased baking sheet. Leave room for them to spread.
- Bake about 10 -14 minutes.
- Cool on rack.