Recipe by Hag chef
This is my mother-in-laws much requested recipe for ribs. They are tender and delicious with a mildly spiced sauce you can pour over rice.
- 1 sparerib rack, cut in pieces
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the ribs in a dutch oven or large saucepan with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, lower the temperature and simmer the ribs for 30 minutes.
- Drain the ribs.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Season the ribs with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a shallow roasting pan meaty side up.
- Combine the sauce ingredients, and pour over the ribs.
- Bake until done, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Baste ribs with sauce every 15 minutes.
- If sauce gets too thick, add a bit of water.