Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 3 lbs potatoes
- 1 large onion, thin slice
- 4 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 10 slices Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Prepare 9x13-inch pan and spray with Pam.
- Peel and slice potatoes.
- Keep submerged in water until ready for use.
- Drain excess water from potatoes.
- Place single layer of potatoes in pan, overlapping.
- Place single layer of onion rings in pan.
- Sprinkle with flour, lightly.
- Place single layer of Velveeta slices.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Repeat procedure until all ingredients are used with potatoes on top.
- Pour cream over entire dish and bake for 55 minutes or until golden brown.
The flavors in this Au Gratin went very well together, but it just wasn't very creamy. The cheese seemed to crurdle somewhat. I used half & half instead of the heavy cream and actually added a little extra because of the size baking dish I was using. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 09