Top Review by ~Nimz~
The flavors in this Au Gratin went very well together, but it just wasn't very creamy. The cheese seemed to crurdle somewhat. I used half & half instead of the heavy cream and actually added a little extra because of the size baking dish I was using. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 09
- 3 lbs potatoes
- 1 large onion, thin slice
- 4 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 10 slices Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Prepare 9x13-inch pan and spray with Pam.
- Peel and slice potatoes.
- Keep submerged in water until ready for use.
- Drain excess water from potatoes.
- Place single layer of potatoes in pan, overlapping.
- Place single layer of onion rings in pan.
- Sprinkle with flour, lightly.
- Place single layer of Velveeta slices.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Repeat procedure until all ingredients are used with potatoes on top.
- Pour cream over entire dish and bake for 55 minutes or until golden brown.