1/1 Photo of Myrna's Uncooked Cookies
StormiN' Orman's Note:
This is our families favorite cookie recipe, passed down for a couple generations and has evolved from 40 years of ingredient and process tweaking! It's always a big hit with anyone I serve. I've named the recipe after my late sister Myrna, from Prince George, BC who was a wonderful cook, and beautiful inside and out...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Please read all steps before starting! Gather all your ingredients, measuring cups, spoons and lay out a couple feet of wax paper, it all comes together very quickly.
- 2In a pot over medium high heat, add your butter or margarine and melt, try not to boil.
- 3When the butter is melted add the milk THEN sugar, stir only enough to mix the sugar into the mixture.
- 4Add the cocoa, using the back side of a spoon, press any cocoa lumps against the side of the pot (stir as sparingly as possible).
- 5When the mixture comes to a boil add the vanilla, gently stir in (again, only a couple of stirs).
- 6Let boil for about 1 1/2 minutes (2 minutes maximum),.
- 7Take off the burner and add the oatmeal, roll the oatmeal in, again gently, minimizing the stirring (you may have to add a bit more (1/4 cup maybe) than 3 cups of oatmeal if the mixture is not thick enough to build mounds).
- 8Drop onto the wax paper in whatever size cookies you desire, and let set up for awhile (which is usually about 5 minutes at our house.).
- 9This will yield about 24 cookies, you can easily double the recipe, which I always do as they will go quick and they do keep well -- Hope you enjoy and will provide feedback -- :o).
- 10NOTE: over stirring and/or over boiling will result in the cookies setting up too hard and they dry out too quickly.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Myrna's Uncooked Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (805 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.0
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.8 mg
- Sodium 37.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 1.7 g