Recipe by Peppermint Shannon
My fiance's mother makes a wonderful olive oil for dipping fresh bread, enjoy!
Top Review by Chrissyo
What a great recipe. Before I found this recipe, I never flavoured the extra virgin olive oil for dipping. I served this dip at my daughter's birthday party and this dip was such a hit to the extent that everyone went home with Myrna's recipe. This recipe is a wonderful addition to an olive oil dip with fresh crusty bread. Thank you very much for sharing.
- 1 1⁄2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- fresh bread, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the oil to a saucepan.
- Heat until it is warm.
- Add the garlic, basil, oregano, and crushed red pepper to the warm oil.
- Do not let the oil boil.
- After it has simmered for about 15 minutes, let it stand for a couple of hours.
- Strain the spices from the oil.
- Add a pinch of each spice to the oil before serving with crusty fresh bread.