Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this refreshing drink recipe in a Myers's Rum pamphlet.
- 3 ounces orange juice
- 1⁄2 lemons, juice of or 1 lime, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 ounces myers's rum
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- 1 dash grenadine
- 1 orange slice (garnish) (optional)
- 1 maraschino cherry (garnish) (optional)
- mint sprig (garnish) (optional)
- Mix first 3 ingredients in shaker or blender.
- Add sugar and grenadine.
- Shake or blend until frothy.
- Serve over shaved ice in a highball glass.
- If desired, garnish with a slice of orange, a cherry, and a sprig of mint.
Very refreshing! I used lime juice and dark rum. Thanks for a lovely drink Mersaydees.
I have to agree with Boomette...I usually have more alcohol content to other ingredients, but that was easily fixed! I used Bacardi dark rum (more than called for in the recipe) instead of myers, and eliminated the sugar. Garnished with an orange slice and a kumquat slice! With the adjustments in sugar and rum, this was perfect! Thanks for sharing! Made for 123 Hit Wonders Tag.
This has a really good taste but it's not enough potent. And another time I would omit the sugar cause that way it was a little too sweet. And also I would add more lemon juice. Thanks Mersaydees. Made for 123 hit wonders