Chef #442404's Note:
We just love these burritos and they are very easy to make and are nutritious. I found this receipe in Vegetarian Cooking for Dummies and tweeked it to my liking
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 15 ounces of health valley brand chili spicy black beans
- 8 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 -2 sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 2 avocados, peeled and mashed- (we make guacamole with Concord Foods Guacamole Mix , use half a package, If you want to add 1 spoonf)
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 ripe tomato, dice (or can diced tomato drained)
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup soy cheese
- 1Heat the chili and black beans in a small saucepan over low heat till steaming hot.
- 2Cook sweet potatoes in the microwave. When cooked mash til smooth.
- 3Lay each tortilla flat on a dinner plate. Spoon 1/3 cup of the sweet potatoes, and then the same amount of beans onto the center of the tortilla.
- 4You can either put your choice of the above ingredients inside the burrito or on top. We put guacamole, cheese, and salsa inside the burrito. Fold the burrito.
- 5Top each burrito with salsa, chopped lettuce, toatoes, onions, avocado, and finally a dallop of yogurt. serve right away.
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Myan Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 562.3
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.2 mg
- Sodium 617.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.7 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 27.3 g