Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
We just love these burritos and they are very easy to make and are nutritious. I found this receipe in Vegetarian Cooking for Dummies and tweeked it to my liking
- 15 ounces of health valley brand chili spicy black beans
- 8 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 -2 sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 2 avocados, peeled and mashed- (we make guacamole with Concord Foods Guacamole Mix , use half a package, If you want to add 1 spoonf)
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 ripe tomatoes, dice (or can diced tomato drained)
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup soy cheese
- Heat the chili and black beans in a small saucepan over low heat till steaming hot.
- Cook sweet potatoes in the microwave. When cooked mash til smooth.
- Lay each tortilla flat on a dinner plate. Spoon 1/3 cup of the sweet potatoes, and then the same amount of beans onto the center of the tortilla.
- You can either put your choice of the above ingredients inside the burrito or on top. We put guacamole, cheese, and salsa inside the burrito. Fold the burrito.
- Top each burrito with salsa, chopped lettuce, toatoes, onions, avocado, and finally a dallop of yogurt. serve right away.
Adding the sweet potato was an excellent twist on the usual burrito. YUM!