Recipe by Karen Anne Newton RN
These muffins are moist, and absolutely addictive! You cannot taste the zucchini.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini, unpeeled
Directions See How It's Made
- Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups, or grease muffin tin.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- In a larger bowl, mix the oil, eggs, vanilla, and zucchini with a large spoon.
- Then very gently stir the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients just until moistened. Do NOT over-stir, or they will be dry and tough.
- Divide batter evenly among cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees until the tops spring back when pressed gently in the center, about 13-15 minutes. Do not over-bake.
- Cool in the pan on a wire cake rim for 10 minutes before removing from cups.