Recipe by kate09
This is something I made up to have for lunch. I enjoy it...so hopefully you may too. Its really healthy and low cal...2 slices light bread is 80 and the boca burger is 70. Mushroom and onion and the mustard add maybe 20. Very filling for lunch.
- 1 veggie burger (I like Boca Vegan)
- 1 mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 small onion, cut into thin strips (I like white onions)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon yellow mustard (I prefer organic)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (or any smoky flavored sauce, Be sure to use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce, or this recipe will no)
- 2 slices sourdough bread (I like Nature's Own Lite)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pop Boca Burger into the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Pop bread in the toaster to your preferred crunchiness.
- Meanwhile, heat small pan and spray with non stick cooking spray. Add mushroom and onion.
- Pour Worcestershire sauce on top, add the mustard. Stir fry until the onions and mushrooms are tender. I like them to get almost burned because I think it adds to the flavor.
- Get your bread, optionally put a little mustard on it. Add veggie burger, then top with stir fry and the other slice of bread.
- Cut in half and enjoy!
- For Vegetarian use only a vegetarian Worcestershire sauce or another vegetarian sauce.