1/3 Photos of My Wonderful Bread and Butter Pickles!!!
4 hrs 15 mins
I thought I lost my recipe and almost had a heart attack!! So here it is. I've been making this for years and every single one who tries the pickles absolutely love them. I hope you do too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash cucumbers thoroughly using a vegetable brush and drain on a rack.
- 2Slice unpeeled cucumbers into 1/8-1/4" thick slices. I use a food processor for this step.
- 3Add onions and garlic.
- 4Add salt and mix thoroughly.
- 5Cover with ice cubes, allow to sit for 3 hours.
- 6Drain thoroughly, remove garlic.
- 7Combine sugar, spices and vinegar.
- 8Heat just to a boil.
- 9Add cucumbers and onions and heat 5 minutes.
- 10Pack loosely into clean, pint jars. Adjust lids.
- 11Process in a boiling waterbath for 5 minutes.
- 12Start to count processing time as soon as the water returns to boiling.
- 13Times are approximate.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Wonderful Bread and Butter Pickles!!!
Serving Size: 1 (4156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 582.4
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5399.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 142.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 134.3 g
- Protein 2.5 g