1/2 Photos of My Way Creamy Sauce - Tuna Casserole
Chef #165326's Note:
My Tuna Casserole recipe below is only one way to use this great "Creamy Sauce" recipe. It's simple to alter the ingredients just a little and create a great ham, or chicken casserole as well....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (12 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups Velveeta cheese, cut up in cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 2 (6 ounce) cans solid white tuna, broken into large pieces
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 1/4 cups cooked penne pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1In a sauce pan combine cream of mushroom soup, milk, Velveeta, frozen peas, onion, and spices.
- 2Stir several times over medium/low heat until the cheese is melted.
- 3In a bowl combine tuna, mayonnaise, pasta and only 1/2 the sauce, then pour into a 9x13 lightly greased glass baking dish.
- 4Set the remaining 1/2 sauce aside covered with a lid.
- 5Quickly mix the melted butter and crackers and sprinkle evenly across the casserole.
- 6A sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top is nice.
- 7Bake at 375°F for 20-30 minutes or until the topping is light toasty brown.
- 8Note: The extra sauce will be served re-heated in a separate bowl and used like a gravy spooned over the casserole servings.
- 9Serve with a nice green salad and enjoy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Way Creamy Sauce - Tuna Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.3
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 21.2 mg
- Sodium 1172.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 17.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: