1/9 Photos of My Very Popular Banana Cake With Caramel Icing
1 hr 30 mins
Perfect Pixie's Note:
This is so popular and loved by all. When two of my brother's 20 year old friends came to stay, I had to make 3 just to keep them happy. They obviously eat a lot though and 1 is plenty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 125 g butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana (3 bananas)
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1Grease a 14cm x 21cm loaf tin.
- 2Cream butter and sugar in a small bowl until light and fluffy, preferably with an electric mixer.
- 3Beat in the eggs one at a time and transfer the mixture into a large bowl. Stir in mashed banana (it's easiest to mash it with a fork).
- 4Stir in half sifted dry ingredients and half sour cream and milk; stir well.
- 5Stir in remaining dry ingredients and sour cream; stir until smooth.
- 6Pour mixture into pan.
- 7Bake in a moderate over for about 1 hour. Stand for five minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
- 9Melt butter and sugar, stir constantly without boiling for two minutes.
- 10Add sour cream, bring to boil. Remove from heat, stir in sifted icing sugar. Ice immediately as it sets very quickly.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Very Popular Banana Cake With Caramel Icing
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.2
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 56.6 mg
- Sodium 167.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 29.3 g
- Protein 2.6 g