Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
To beat the heat of the Indian summer, you gotta have something that is light and refreshing that'll cool you down. Lassi is very popular in India, and is a salted yogurt drink, mixed with some seasonings. This is a great accompaniment for a light lunch consisting of salad and fruit. Try it!
- 1⁄2 cup cold plain yogurt (I use curds) or 1⁄2 cup curds (I use curds)
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- Whisk/beat the the yogurt or curds with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Add the water slowly and continue to whisk until well combined.
- Add the seasonings, mix well, and pour into a tall glass to serve immediately.
- Alternately, you can double or triple this recipe and store it in the refrigerator, it'll keep for a day at least.
- Before serving, stir it once, as the seasonings tend to settle at the bottom.
Okay, I'll admit to preferring a sweet lassi especially after trying another spiced lassi on this site. This one is actually drinkable and it kind of grows on you. I actually might make this again - which is high praise indeed. My toddler tried it and while she shuddered from the ice cold water, she didn't spit it out. These days a neutral reaction is a good thing lol.