Recipe by Anu
To beat the heat of the Indian summer, you gotta have something that is light and refreshing that'll cool you down. Lassi is very popular in India, and is a salted yogurt drink, mixed with some seasonings. This is a great accompaniment for a light lunch consisting of salad and fruit. Try it!
Top Review by Missy Wombat
Okay, I'll admit to preferring a sweet lassi especially after trying another spiced lassi on this site. This one is actually drinkable and it kind of grows on you. I actually might make this again - which is high praise indeed. My toddler tried it and while she shuddered from the ice cold water, she didn't spit it out. These days a neutral reaction is a good thing lol.
- 1⁄2 cup cold plain yogurt (I use curds) or 1⁄2 cup curds (I use curds)
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk/beat the the yogurt or curds with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Add the water slowly and continue to whisk until well combined.
- Add the seasonings, mix well, and pour into a tall glass to serve immediately.
- Alternately, you can double or triple this recipe and store it in the refrigerator, it'll keep for a day at least.
- Before serving, stir it once, as the seasonings tend to settle at the bottom.