Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Frescavena is an oatmeal beverage very common in latinamerica. I was a bit put off by the high amounts of sugar in the commercial version, yet I liked the idea of having a creamy and nutritious quick drink for my children. This is our favourite version so far
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal (quick or regular)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa (optional) or 1⁄2 cup strawberry, freeze-dried
- vanilla sugar (optional)
- Process the oatmeal and sugar in batches in a coffee grinder. This assures a fine powder that will dissolve easily.
- If using freeze dried strawberries process them in the coffee grinder too.
- Put everything in a suitable container, give it a couple shakes.
- When ready to serve add 1 tbsp of mix to a cup of warm milk (for extra creamy) or water and mix. For better results or for drinking it cold use a blender.