Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
We've tried several fajita recipes & finally this is it! I found this recipe online and have tweaked it to our liking. Make it with beef or chicken. Great for having a fajita party!! Prep time includes minimum marinating time.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks or 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts
- 5 teaspoons mccormicks fajita seasoning mix (in the packet)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar (red wine vinegar for beef fajitas or white wine vinegar for chicken fajitas)
- 1 seeded chopped habanero pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of mccormicks spicy McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning, for beef fajitas (found in the seasoning section at the grocery store) or 1 teaspoon Montreal roasted garlic chicken seasoning, for chicken fajitas (found in the seasoning section at the grocery store)
The Peppers and Onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 large yellow sweet onion
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- tomatoes (optional)
- Mix all marinade ingredients and pour over the meat (you can put it all in a large zip-lock).
- Marinate atleast two hours or overnight.
- Grill meat until cooked through.
- Slice meat into strips.
- Heat the 1/4 cup of olive oil in a saute pan on the stove and begin sauteeing the onions over medium heat.
- Cook until soft.
- Add the peppers and continue to cook until peppers are soft and onions are beginning to brown and crisp.
- Serve on Flour Tortillas, add meat then peppers& onions& any of the optional toppings.
I made this last week, and it rivals fajitas in good Mexican restaurants. We use Mission low carb soft tortillas to save on the carbs and calories (I do not have any financial interest in Mission products).
Th flavor in this is beyond wonderful!!!!!! I will make again and again!!! Thank you
I made both the beef and chicken fajitas for our family BBQ a couple days ago---DELISH! If you're looking for a simple, yummy recipe for fajitas--your search is over! :-)