Recipe by HeidiSue
My good friend Melissa used to make a wonderful beef stroganoff a long time ago and all I could remember is that her secret ingredient was gingerale. I know that sounds weird, but it was very good so I came up with this recipe and it just turned out great. So easy and so good!
Top Review by Messy44
This was good and easy. I was afraid of the mustard - it just seemed out of place in this stroganoff. Other than that, it was fine and we liked it. Will try again without the mustard next time. Thanks, HeidiSue.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks, sliced in strips
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 cup ginger ale
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 8 ounces sour cream (can use light)
- egg noodles or rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Season sliced steak with salt& pepper.
- In a saute pan melt 2 tbl of the butter, add the steak and brown.
- Using a slotted spoon transfer the steak to the crockpot.
- Add the remaining butter and the onions to the juice in the saute pan and saute until soft.
- Add the flour to the onion mixture stir until well blended.
- Add the beef broth slowly and mix until smooth.
- Add the worcestershire, mustard and gingerale, mix well and pour into the crockpot.
- Cook on low atleast 4 hours.
- The longer you cook it the more tender the beef becomes.
- About 20-30 minutes before you are ready to eat add the mushrooms and stir in the sour cream and heat through.
- Serve with crusty bread over egg noodles or rice.