1/1 Photo of My Very Best Anything and Everything Rice
1 hr 10 mins
This is my own signature rice dish. I make a variation of it every week, you can add "anything" to it and it goes with "everything". You can make this your very own by checking out the variations I listed below and if you try something different and it's great, I'd love to hear about it. I make the rice in my rice cooker which calls for 1 1/4 cup liquid, if you are making it on the stove then follow the directions on the package of rice for the amount of liquid and if you have a rice cooker be sure to check your own manual for the amount of liquid as they are all different. Just be sure to use broth instead of water.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the pinch of saffron into the chicken broth.
- 2Cook the rice using the chicken broth mixture. **I make the rice in my rice cooker which calls for 1 1/4 cup liquid, if you are making it on the stove then follow the directions on the package of rice for the amount of liquid and if you have a rice cooker be sure to check your own manual for the amount of liquid as they are all different.**.
- 3While the rice is cooking sauté the onions in a little oil, on low to med. heat, stirring them frequently. I like to sauté them for awhile (like 20 minutes), so they get caramelized.
- 4Turn the onions off when they are done to your liking.
- 5When the rice is done add another tablespoon or so of olive to the onions turn the heat up a bit and add the cooked rice.
- 6Stir fry the rice for about 5 minutes and then add the peas and sauté for another 5 minutes or so. I like to really stir fry the rice, so I use the maximum amount of oil. With the heat on med-high I let it sit so some of the rice gets a little crispy, not burned, but crispy on the bottom. - I hope that makes sense!
- 7Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Now, some variations depending on my mood --.
- 9I add diced bell pepper with the onions.
- 10Or add garlic or fresh sliced mushrooms to the onions 5 or so minutes into their sautéing.
- 11I also add some toasted slivered almonds occasionally.
- 12And, sometimes I add a handful of fresh parmesan to the finished warm rice, it's really good!
- 13You can pretty much do as you please with this; it's so easy and always so good.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Very Best Anything and Everything Rice
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.8
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 350.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 7.7 g