Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
EASY, RICH AND YUMMY! I am always disappointed when I order anything Alfredo at a restaurant. I used to work at a restaurant called Bay Street long ago and they made the best and this is based on it. Do what ever you want with it. I usually add mushrooms, peas, prosciutto and toss it with tortellini. You can use any pasta you like and add chicken or shrimp and whatever veggies you like. Whatever you do it will be wonderful and so very easy, your guests will be impressed.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh parmesan cheese, grated (must be fresh)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 -2 teaspoon white pepper, to taste
- Sauté garlic in butter until soft.
- Add cream and bring to a boil.
- Slowly add Parmesan, allowing to melt.
- Season to taste with white pepper.
- Toss with pasta and serve with garlic toast.
This alfredo sauce is delicious. My favorite and my in laws rave about this sauce. We usually add sun dried tomatoes, asparagus, diced chicken and toss with fettuccini. An excellent quick and easy meal! Great job Heidi Sue!
Well, this is my new favorite alfredo recipe. =) I did add a tablespoon of cream cheese, but other than that it was perfect the way it is written. Thank you for posting such a great recipe!
This is great! I love easy recipes that tastes awesome. I made half the recipe and ate the whole thing myself. LOL. Thank you :D