Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is my verison I made different from regular recipe I found. Just a bit more taste to it and fat intake in mine. Serve with mash potatoes of choice and a green vegetable dish and your choice of bread. Of course you can use less fat products for those watching the calories. This meal is really good. 5 Points per serving
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- In large bowl mix together all the ingredients til well blended.
- Spray a loaf pan with pam Place mixture in pan and press around to flatten it out.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour, or until no longer pink inside loaf.
Not the best, however, not as fattening. Pretty good though!
Great recipe, very tasty! I did make a couple of changes, however. Instead of 8 oz. of tomato sauce, I used 4 oz, then another 4 oz of BBQ (Original) sauce. Instead of oats, I used breadcrumbs, since I had them on hand. Then added a mix of tomato sauce, ketchup and BBQ sauce onto the top to bake along with it.
Thanks for a great meatloaf recipe. Loved the little kick that the hot sauce added. The only thing I did different was add a light layer of ketchup on top. I'll definitely make this one again!