Ellie in Illinois's Note:
This is the Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe that went through the internet "dubbed" as the recipe a lady was charged $250.00 on her charge card as at a well known restaurant, when she asked for the recipe after tasting the cookie for dessert after her lunch. She thought the recipe was $2.50. My husband is a Volunteer fireman and I am requested to bring these cookies to our picnic every year. They all love them. Last year I didn't have any oatmeal and didn't want to run to the store, so I made a different chocolate chip recipe and they all new the difference. These are the best chocolate chip cookies I have eaten. Prep time does not include baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 5 cups blended oatmeal (Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender about a cup or 2 at a time.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 (24 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) bag milk chocolate chips
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) bag white chocolate chips
- 3 cups nuts, of your choice
- 1Cream together butter and both sugars.
- 2Add eggs and vanilla.
- 3Mix well.
- 4Mix flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- 5Add to creamed mixture, mix well.
- 6Stir in all of the bags of chips and nuts.
- 7Drop on ungreased cookie sheet 2-inches apart.
- 8Bake at 350° for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 9This is a very large recipe and may be cut in half.
- 10Although these cookies do freeze well.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Version of the 250.00 Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (4171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.9
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 16.7 mg
- Sodium 105.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g