Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe that went through the internet "dubbed" as the recipe a lady was charged $250.00 on her charge card as at a well known restaurant, when she asked for the recipe after tasting the cookie for dessert after her lunch. She thought the recipe was $2.50. My husband is a Volunteer fireman and I am requested to bring these cookies to our picnic every year. They all love them. Last year I didn't have any oatmeal and didn't want to run to the store, so I made a different chocolate chip recipe and they all new the difference. These are the best chocolate chip cookies I have eaten. Prep time does not include baking.
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 5 cups blended oatmeal (Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender about a cup or 2 at a time.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 (24 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) bag milk chocolate chips
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) bag white chocolate chips
- 3 cups nuts, of your choice
- Cream together butter and both sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Mix flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add to creamed mixture, mix well.
- Stir in all of the bags of chips and nuts.
- Drop on ungreased cookie sheet 2-inches apart.
- Bake at 350° for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- This is a very large recipe and may be cut in half.
- Although these cookies do freeze well.
I love this cookie recipe and have been making for years. I only make half of this recipe though (it is really easy to cut in half) to make about 4 dozen cookies. I find that one bag of chocolate chips works for half a recipe. I also take a handful of chocolate chips and blend them with the oatmeal.
Fabulous recipe. Though as I don't add all the chips and nuts (I used this as a base for my M&M cookies) they were just a little bit too thin for us. I added a 1/4 cup more flour and voila! perfection. Superior raw too;-)
This was absolutly fantastic.This is the second recipe I have tried from you do you have anymore.