1/2 Photos of My Version of Sweet and Sour Chicken
Marsha D.'s Note:
This recipe was recommended to me. Personally I am not a sweet and sour person but this recipe changed my taste buds. I made a few changes and put it in my recipe book to make again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 green pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon canola oil
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained and reserve juice
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 1Combine 1/3c.
- 2cornstarch,2 slightly beaten eggs and salt in a medium size bowl.
- 3Cube up chicken breast and place in cornstarch mixture.
- 4Mix well and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 5Deep fry chicken at 400' degrees until browned.
- 6Drain and set aside.
- 7In a wok or large skillet on medium heat add Cancola Oil.
- 8Saute in green peppers and onions until onions are lightly browned.
- 9Add brown sugar,vinegar,catsup, 2Tbsp.
- 10cornstarch,soy sauce,Teriyaki sauce,sesame oil and pineapple juice.
- 11Mix well and simmer over medium heat until thicken.
- 12Add pineapple,cherries and fried chicken chunks to pan and stir until sauce covers chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Version of Sweet and Sour Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.3
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 132.3 mg
- Sodium 971.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 59.4 g
- Protein 23.9 g