Recipe by newmama
I had never had or made catfish before this. But my whole family liked it and I will be making it again soon. I always think of catfish as being blackened or fried, so I did a combo of the two. The amounts are all a guess, I just eyeballed everything.. so adjust them to your taste! We ate it with tartar sauce and red beans and rice.
- 1 -2 lb catfish
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning (or blackened seasoning)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter (or oil)
Directions See How It's Made
- mix milk and hot sauce.
- mix cornmeal with all of the spices.
- dip catfish in the milk mix.
- dip in the cornmeal mix, coat fish well.
- heat butter or oil in a large heavy skillet over med-high heat.
- cook fish a few minutes on each side until flaky.
- serve with tartar sauce.