1/1 Photo of My Version of Rachael Ray's Chinese Spaghetti and Meatballs
1 hr 15 mins
After seeing this recipe on an episode of 30 Minute Meals, I decided to tweak it a little to suit what I had on hand and what I knew would work in my house. It's a fairly simple (although, I won't claim that it only takes 30 minutes...nothing ever does, does it?) meal that is pretty healthy with the lean protein, the whole grain, and all the veggies. Although as with any Asian inspired meal, the soy sauce does account for a lot of sodium.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb whole wheat spaghetti or 1 lb whole grain spaghetti
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 3 slices whole grain bread
- black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 9 scallions, 3 finely chopped, 6 cut into 2-inch lengths
- 2 tablespoons tamari dark soy sauce, divided
- 1/3 cup tamari dark soy sauce, divided
- cooking spray
- 2 cups snow pea pods, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 red bell pepper, very thinly sliced
- 2 inches gingerroot, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 lb spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Place a pot of water on to boil for spaghetti. When it comes to a boil, salt the water and add pasta to cook to al dente.
- 3Combine ground turkey with egg in a mixing bowl.
- 4Place whole grain bread in food processor and pulse into crumbs. Add crumbs to meat mixture.
- 5Add salt, pepper, garlic, five-spice powder, 3 chopped scallions, cilantro, and 2 tablespoons soy sauce to meat mixture.
- 6Form 1 1/2-inch balls and place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Roast 15 minutes, turning halfway, if the meatballs are over browning on the bottoms.
- 7When the meatballs are close to done and the pasta is in, spray a large skillet with cooking spray and place over high heat.
- 8Add the snow peas, red pepper, remaining cut scallions, ginger and garlic, stir-fry 2 minutes.
- 9Add spinach and wilt, 1 minute.
- 10Drain the pasta and add to the vegetables.
- 11Add the remaining soy sauce, about 1/3 cup, and the sesame oil.
- 12Toss to combine so pasta can soak up sauce, about 1 minute.
- 13Garnish with sesame seeds and top with lots of meatballs.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Version of Rachael Ray's Chinese Spaghetti and Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.0
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 83.2 mg
- Sodium 1439.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 35.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder
snow pea pods