Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I really love this, but they don't make it any more. I found out the cheese stuffing in the chicken is the same as chicken marsala, so I got the chicken Marsala recipe from "#1 Baker" and changed it to make stuffed chicken florentine instead of marsala. Please note any changes you make to makes this. I'm curious to see if anyone else thinks it resembles Olive Garden's creation.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup smoked provolone cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 0.5 (6 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, divided
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 fresh garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup flour, plus
- 1⁄2 cup flour (or more if needed)
- 6 cups crinkled egg noodles, cooked according to directions (precooked amount)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1 (16 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 chopped roma tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- Cut the chicken breasts in half, the butterfly them (so you have 6 butterflied pieces of chicken).
- Mix together cheeses, sour cream, bread crumbs, garlic crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Add 2 Tbsp sun dried tomatoes(remove from the oil, and chop before adding). Put the mixture into the butterflied chicken.
- Dredge the chicken in about 1 C flour.
- Put some oil in a pan and sear both sides of the chicken, then remove from pan and place in a baking dish and put it in the oven for 10-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- While that is cooking, cook the noodles according to directions.
- In another pan, mix together 1/2 C flour and 1/4 C olive oil until thick. Add half and half and chicken broth and whisk until smooth. Let it heat and thicken more.
- Take the remaining sun dried tomatoes and put them into a food processor or blender and pulverize them, then add it to the half and half sauce on the stove. Add Salt and pepper to taste. This is your sun dried tomato sauce.
- To serve, put the chicken on the plate, and put the cooked noodles next to the chicken. Add the sun dried tomato sauce on top of the pasta. Then sprinkle the chopped Roma tomatoes and spinach on top of the pasta and serve. to do like olive garden, serve with extra fresh Parmesan on top.