Recipe by Dissie
I make this dish for my family mostly in the summer to not have to turn on the oven, but its just as tasty in the winter months! I wanted a mexican dish one day and just threw together the ingredients I had on hand, and it came out pretty darn good! I sometimes add sliced black olives and jalepenos if I have them.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1 bell pepper, chopped -color of your choice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 10 ounces enchilada sauce
- 10 ounces tomatoes and green chilies (Rotel)
- 4 ounces green chilies, chopped (in a can)
- 15 ounces corn (drained)
- 15 ounces pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups cheese
- 6 corn tortillas
- 6 flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger with bell pepper and onion.
- Drain the meat, add all the spices and water. Continue to simmer till it thickens up a bit.
- Cut the tortillas into wedges, like a pie.
- Make first layer of corn tortillas in the bottom of a crockpot.
- Dot refried beans over the tortillas. Use about 1/3 of the can.
- Pour corn and green chilis into a bowl and mix well. Use 1/3 of this mixture to make next layer.
- Layer 1/3 of the can of pinto beans or black beans next.
- Layer 1/3 of the hamburger mixture over beans.
- Layer 1/3 of the can of rotel next.
- Pour 1/3 of the can of enchilada sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese over the top of all.
- Make your next layer of tortillas with the flour tortillas. And repeat above layers.
- Last layer of the tortillas, Combine both flour and corn tortillas in your last layer, and place the rest of the ingredients over them, ending with the cheese.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Garnish with sour cream and salsa.