English rice pudding is usually much creamier than American rice pudding. The original recipe belongs to Evelyn Rose from her latest book, my friend Cara did a few personal alterations and of course, I couldn't leave well enough alone. Prep time includes just letting the rice soak in the cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the rice in cold water and drain well.
- 2Use half the butter to grease a 4 cup pudding dish.
- 3Put the cream, salt and the rice in the dish and leave for one hour to soften.
- 4Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- 5Stir the sugar into the rice and add the remaining butter cut into tiny pieces.
- 6Stir in the vanilla.
- 7Scatter with nutmeg.
- 8Bake for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally for the first hour and then leave to allow a golden brown topping to form.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Version of Cara's Version of Evelyn Rose's Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.2
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 114.2 mg
- Sodium 176.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 5.2 g