1/1 Photo of My Version of Blackened Chicken Pasta
Marsha D.'s Note:
This is a recipe that my dearest brother gave me a few years ago and I have added my own touch of spice to it. If you like garlic I believe you will enjoy this meal. It is a meal in itself all you need is some garlic bread or sticks!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
My spices used for sprinkling on chicken
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 2 -4 pieces chicken breast fillets
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted (not margarine)
- 1/2-1 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, chicken in (for frying, not margarine)
For Making the pasta sauce
- 1/2 pint half and half milk
- 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick and not margarine)
- 3 -4 ounces minced garlic
- 6 -8 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 10 ounces corkscrew macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons red peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons yellow peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons onions, dinced
- 1Mix all dry seasonings together and put in a spice (bottle) shaker. Use as needed.
- 2Cook noodles according to pkg. drain.
- 3Dip chicken breast fillets in the 4Tbs. of melted butter and place on a flat surface and sprinkle my seasoning mix.(you don't use the whole jar of spice, just enough to cover chicken pieces).
- 4Dip in flour and place in a hot iron skillet or hot pan with 4Tbs. of butter.
- 5Fry until done, covering chicken to steam while cooking.
- 6Meanwhile, add half and half and heavy whipping cream into a large pot and slowly heat over medium low heat.
- 7Add 1/2cup (1 stick) of butter to the milk in the pot and stir well until butter is melted.
- 8Add the 3-4oz. of minced garlic and stir until bubbly.
- 9Remove from heat and add parmesan cheese and stir well.
- 10In a bowl combine the noodles and onion,and bell peppers. Mix well and add milk/cheese mixture.
- 11Stir until blended.
- 12Cut chicken breast fillets into strips.
- 13Serve noodles and sauce on platter with the fried chicken breast fillets on top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Version of Blackened Chicken Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1245.4
- Calories from Fat 799
- Total Fat 88.8 g
- Saturated Fat 54.8 g
- Cholesterol 263.4 mg
- Sodium 1706.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 32.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning
chicken breast fillets