This is a recipe that my dearest brother gave me a few years ago and I have added my own touch of spice to it. If you like garlic I believe you will enjoy this meal. It is a meal in itself all you need is some garlic bread or sticks!
My spices used for sprinkling on chicken
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 2 -4 pieces chicken breast fillets
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted (not margarine)
- 1⁄2-1 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, chicken in (for frying, not margarine)
For Making the pasta sauce
- 1⁄2 pint half and half milk
- 1⁄2 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick and not margarine)
- 3 -4 ounces minced garlic
- 6 -8 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 10 ounces corkscrew macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons red peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons yellow peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons onions, dinced
- Mix all dry seasonings together and put in a spice (bottle) shaker. Use as needed.
- Cook noodles according to pkg. drain.
- Dip chicken breast fillets in the 4Tbs. of melted butter and place on a flat surface and sprinkle my seasoning mix.(you don't use the whole jar of spice, just enough to cover chicken pieces).
- Dip in flour and place in a hot iron skillet or hot pan with 4Tbs. of butter.
- Fry until done, covering chicken to steam while cooking.
- Meanwhile, add half and half and heavy whipping cream into a large pot and slowly heat over medium low heat.
- Add 1/2cup (1 stick) of butter to the milk in the pot and stir well until butter is melted.
- Add the 3-4oz. of minced garlic and stir until bubbly.
- Remove from heat and add parmesan cheese and stir well.
- In a bowl combine the noodles and onion,and bell peppers. Mix well and add milk/cheese mixture.
- Stir until blended.
- Cut chicken breast fillets into strips.
- Serve noodles and sauce on platter with the fried chicken breast fillets on top.
I love blackened chicken and the way you've added the soices gives it an extra kick.....goos with salad too:)
So yummy! The only thing that would've made it better is if there had NOT been a bone in my chicken! Yikes!! Oh yeah, and I fried the peppers and onions and added cream cheese to the sauce, 'cause I got that idea from another recipe. Oh, and health food is just not for me! Haha! ;0) Thanks for the great recipe! We'll definitely make this again! Steaming the chicken, btw, was a really good idea. I never did that before. Thanks!! Love, Meg
It is Rose Of Sharon ,giving you another 5 star rating.This was on my menu today and everyone raved about it.The only thing I did was fry the peppers.Super delicious.Thank that Dear Brother.