Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my version of a sunshine cake... weight watchers style The whole cake has 50 points. So for 12 servings it is just a bit over 4 points per serving (4.16) Please adjust points to amount of servings
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package Duncan Hines orange supreme cake mix
- 1 (12 ounce) can diet orange soda
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) package Cool Whip Free, thawed
- 1 (1/3 ounce) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- Mix cake mix and diet soda.
- Add half of the mandarin oranges.
- Cook in a 9X13 pan as directed on the cake mix box.
- Once cake is cooled blend together cool whip and pudding. This is the topping for the cake -- Option: You can either cut remaining orange sections in half and blend in with the topping OR place them on top decoratively.
I've made this cake several times and my husband and I love this recipe. The only changes I made are not sugar free or diet..