Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Just made this up as I went along. Always seems to turn out well.
Make and share this My Vegetable Beef Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs stewing beef
- 1 lb frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 (12 ounce) cans vegetable juice (like V-8)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- **Optional: You can add an extra small can of corn, frozen okra, frozen lima beans, another can of diced tomatoes, or substitute the frozen veggies with 2 cans of Veg-All.
- Put Stew beef in the slow cooker with one can of beef broth and I cup of water. Cook on low for 8 hours. I usually do this overnight, but okay if you start very early in the morning and are using the Veg-All.
- Remove the beef when done with a slotted spoon and put in a bowl in the fridge. Strain the liquid in the crock pot and put in fridge to cool enough so that you can skim the solidified fat off of the top.
- Return the beef and the liquid to the crock pot. Add the vegetables, potatoes, canned tomatoes, 1 can V-8 juice and the other can of beef broth, the sugar and the butter, and the tomato paste.
- Cook on high for 1 hour and then on low for 6-8 hours. Add more liquid to your liking: water, broth, V-8 juice.