Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
I have been playing with this recipe for years, and I think I finally perfected it for my son's sleepover this weekend. I got a lot of "best brownies" comments from the boys and a few neighbors. As child, my grandmother always made brownies with cocoa, and when I got older I fell in love with ones made from baking chocolate too. This recipe was invented to combine the two!
- 4 ounces baking chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300F; spray a 13x9 pan with baking spray.
- Melt baking chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl.
- Add sugar, cocoa and dark chocolate chips and mix until blended.
- Let mixture cool for about 15 minutes, and then add eggs, beating one in at a time. Add vanilla and salt at this time.
- Add flour and mix until blended.
- Pour and spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or when a knife comes clean when inserted in the middle.