Delicious.. need I say more?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Soup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 anaheim chili, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons new mexico chile powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 lbs smoked turkey legs
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 32 ounces fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen southwest mixed vegetables
- 1Heat a large pot over medium heat, and lightly coat the bottom with cooking spray and add the olive oil.
- 2When the oil is hot add in the onions, garlic, chiles and turkey legs. Saute for about 5 minutes.
- 3Add in spices, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, and worchesterchire sauce. Simmer over medium low heat for 30 minutes.
- 4Remove turkey legs and set aside to cool. Meanwhile add in frozen vegetable mix and let the soup continue to simmer over medium low heat for 5-10 minutes.
- 5Shred meat from the legs and add back into the pot, discarding bones.
- 6Serve using the following method:.
- 7Crush 4-6 tortila chips and place in the bottom of bowl. Top with a ladle or two of soup. Add about a quarter of an avocado, a spritz of lime, a dollop of sour cream, and a sprinkle of scallions and serve.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Turkey Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.5
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 595.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
smoked turkey legs