Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have been making this recipe for years. It has a real cheesy smooth sauce. I got it from an old Better Homes and Garden recipe book my mom gave to me years ago.
- 340.19 g pasta shells
- 255.14 g canned tuna, drained
- 118.29 ml Miracle Whip or 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 236.59 ml celery, diced
- 473.18 ml frozen peas, thawed
- 78.07 ml onion, diced
- 283.49 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 118.29 ml milk
- 354.88 ml Velveeta cheese, cubed
- potato chips, crushed for top
- Preheat oven at 425°F.
- Cook noodles in boiling salted water till tender; drain. Combine cooked noodles, drained tuna, mayonnaise, onion, celery, peas.
- Blend soup and milk in a saucepan over low heat. Add cheese and salt and pepper to taste; stir until cheese is melted. Add to noodle mixture. Spray a casserole dish with Pam. Put mixture into casserole dish and sprinkle crushed potato chips on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until bubbly on top.
Great,taste, great comfort food. This is very similar to our favorite tuna casserole. I only had less than a cup of peas so added a can of corn. We don't like celery so added some green olives and gardiniera veges leftover from previous recipe. We didn't have any velveeta so added 2 C cheddar grated. Made for PAC Fall 2009.
I love this recipe because it is easy to make and tastes yummy. My DB loves it too, which is surprising because it has peas which he is not fond of. Tastes really good reheated as well!