Recipe by CIndytc
I have been making this recipe for years. It has a real cheesy smooth sauce. I got it from an old Better Homes and Garden recipe book my mom gave to me years ago.
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
Great,taste, great comfort food. This is very similar to our favorite tuna casserole. I only had less than a cup of peas so added a can of corn. We don't like celery so added some green olives and gardiniera veges leftover from previous recipe. We didn't have any velveeta so added 2 C cheddar grated. Made for PAC Fall 2009.
- 12 ounces pasta shells
- 9 ounces canned tuna, drained
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip or 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup onion, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups Velveeta cheese, cubed
- potato chips, crushed for top
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 425°F.
- Cook noodles in boiling salted water till tender; drain. Combine cooked noodles, drained tuna, mayonnaise, onion, celery, peas.
- Blend soup and milk in a saucepan over low heat. Add cheese and salt and pepper to taste; stir until cheese is melted. Add to noodle mixture. Spray a casserole dish with Pam. Put mixture into casserole dish and sprinkle crushed potato chips on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until bubbly on top.