Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an inexpensive, hearty, and satisfying meal. Made with ingredients that are most always on hand, this casserole is the perfect meal solution on nights you just don't feel like going to the grocery store. I sometimes add frozen peas and some diced, cooked carrots to the mixture before baking, to make this a delicious 'all in one' dinner. The buttery crumb topping provides a nice, crunchy contrast to the creamy filling. Enjoy !!
- 12 ounces egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 (13 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup, divided.
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup saltine crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup frozen peas, optional
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, cooked and diced,optional
- In small bowl, combine melted butter and crushed saltines and set aside to use for topping.
- Combine 1 and 1/2 cans of soup, milk, salt, and pepper in large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except saltines), combine well, and pour into in a greased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle buttered saltine crumbs all over the top, and bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, or until heated through.
This was good! I also halved it for two people. Adding cheddar cheese would give the recipe 5 stars for me.
Awesome and easy
Very good casserole! The only change I made was to add a big handful of cheddar cheese and it was great. I really liked the cracker topping. Mom always topped this with crushed potato chips and even with the butter it seems like it has to be a little bit better for you than chips. Thanks for posting!