Chef Sunshine's Note:
This is the best tuna casserole I have ever eaten in my life! I prefer to eat it when it is fixed on the stovetop, rather than baked, but you can make it baked with this recipe also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (6 ounce) cans tuna in vegetable oil, drained
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (7 ounce) can peas
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles (I use NO Yolks Noodles, medium or broad)
- 5 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 yellow sweet onion, diced
- regular potato chips (for baking only, I use either Lay's or the generic brand non-ruffle)
- 1Boil the eggs for 10-15 minutes.
- 2Boil the egg noodles until al dente, 7-8 minutes.
- 3Dice the onion.
- 4While eggs & noodles are still boiling, mix the tuna, cream of mushroom soup, the small can of peas, and the diced onion together in a big pot on the stove. Cook at about medium.
- 5When the noodles are al dente, drain, then add them to the big pot.
- 6When the eggs are done, and warm enough to handle without getting burned, dice the eggs up into the big pot.
- 7Stir the entire tuna casserole mixture well, add salt and lots of pepper to taste, and let simmer for a while, so that the flavors have a chance to mingle. About 10-15 minutes.
- 8Serve hot.
- 9Baked Recipe:.
- 10Follow above recipe (excluding the stovetop big pot).
- 11After mixing together all ingredients in a big bowl, get out your casserole dish, and lay a layer of the Lay's potato chips on the bottom.
- 12Put in a thick layer of tuna casserole mixture, then add another layer of Lay's potato chips. Add another layer of tuna mixture, then chips, then tuna.
- 13You can also crumble some up to sprinkle on the top.
- 14Bake at 375°F for 20-30 minutes.
- 15(I think this recipe is the best when it is not baked, but both ways are delicious).
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Tuna Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 944.8
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 367.4 mg
- Sodium 1683.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 74.8 g