Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is FAB! Easy too...
Make and share this My Timballo recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground veal
- 2 slices white bread (crusts removed)
- half-and-half (as needed)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 3 tablespoons parsley (minced)
- 2 tablespoons basil (minced)
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 4 cups cooked macaroni
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 28 ounces tomato sauce (lori's #160464 on Zaar)
- 7 slices prosciutto (thin slices)
- olive oil (as needed)
- Heat oven 350.
- Combine the meats.
- Soak bread in half and half for 5 minutes. Squeeze dry.
- Add to meat.
- Stir in the eggs, parsley, basil, parmesan, salt and pepper. Mix well. Set aside.
- Combine the macaroni, mozzarella, parmesan and 1 cup of the sauce. Set aside.
- Spray a 9 inch springform pan with non-stick spray and olive oil. Line with waxed paper.
- Line with prosciutto.
- Press 2/3 of the meat mixture on top, spreading to come up sides.
- Fill with macaroni.
- Roll out remaining meat mixture between plastic wrap to form a 9 inch circle.
- Place on top, sealing edges. Cover with foil.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover. Bake 15 more minutes.
- Remove from oven. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Run a knife around edges. Place a platter on top. Invert. Cut in wedges.
- Heat remaining sauce. Place on plates. Top with Timballo.
Great easy Italian meal. Served with Italian salad and Italian bread. We have lots left so froze it to save for later.